National Christian Education Department
Perfecting (Equipping) the Saints
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting (equipping) of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Chris: Ephesians 4:11-13
Our goal in the Christian Education Department is to do our part in fulfilling Ephesians 4:11-13. There is nothing more frustrating than to have a job to do without having the equipment to do that job. Our desire is to provide the right “equipment” to help each of our churches fulfill the vision that God has given them. At the end of this purpose statement there is a list of practical ways in which we offer to help provide that necessary equipment.
Let us take just a moment and do a quick word study on what it means to “perfect” or “equip” the church. The word “perfecting” is the same word that is found in many other passages of Scripture.
First, in Matthew 4:21 it is used in reference to James and John “mending” their nets. After much use they recognized the need to repair what was worn or broken from the everyday routine of service. It is our desire to bring refreshment and revitalization to those who are in need of mending from the rigors and routine of everyday ministry.
In 1 Corinthians 1:10, it is used in referring to the unity in the church. It uses the term, “joined together.” This is a medical term relating to how different members in the body are connected and working together for the same purpose. There is nothing as painful as having a dislocated joint. Ministry often brings situations that bring a spiritual and relational “dislocation.” We exist to promote the truth that every person in the Body of Christ has a responsibility to protect the unity of the church. We offer resources that help prevent “dislocation” in the church family, and in the unfortunate event that it does occur, we provide resources that can guide us through the healing process.
Romans 9:22 speaks of a vessel being “fitted.” This is a picture of the potter and the clay. The potter uses His tools to mold the vessel into a valuable and necessary work. Training in the local church is a necessity in today’s society if we are to reach the lost and to minister to the hurting. Our goal is to provide various training opportunities which will allow us to continue to be fashioned in the Potter’s hands.
In the days of the New Testament this word “perfecting” was also used to describe an army that was prepared for battle, a city that had been destroyed and restored to its beauty, and to a ship that was completely equipped for the journey that was ahead of them. The church is represented as each of these at different times. We must be prepared, resilient, equipped for the journey. We exist for these purposes, to assist your church to be prepared for the battle, to be ready for the journey, and to experience a fresh, renewing touch from the Lord.
If there is any way in which the Christian Education Department could serve your church please do not hesitate to contact us.
In Christ's Service,
Rev. Tim Bartee, Director
- The CGMA Minister’s Training Program began in 2016. It is an online training course that takes approximately a year or sooner to complete and requires approximately 6-8 hours per month. Each month a new area of study is provided that includes online video, a practical application experience, a discussion with your pastor or a spiritual leader, and reading material associated with the subject. For more information or to register go to aimcgma.org
- The CGMA has a Church Leadership Conference with three other similar denominations in September of each year in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.There are sessions offered during the day and dynamic worship services in the evening. The guest speakers are nationally known and have proven themselves successful in their ministry. For more information go to churchleadershipconference.org
- We also have two Leadership Training conferences each year, one in the north and one in the south. We gather on a Friday evening and end on Saturday at noon. During this time we will have different speakers on various leadership and ministry topics, as well as having one main speaker who will host several of the sessions.
- The Old and New Testament Surveys, and the History and the Doctrine of the CGMA are provided by this department.
- In the event a local church would like to have a seminar or conference for your local church leaders we are available to come and to share on a variety of church growth and leadership topics. It could consist of one session, for example, following a meal, or several sessions, whatever is needed.
- We make available resources and materials to our Pastors and church leaders for the purpose of giving encouragement, inspiration, training, new ideas and etc.
- We will provide resources concerning Christian Education and Sunday School, and for anyone interested in beginning a Christian School.
- We exist to serve you and your church in any way possible as needed.We are here to serve!