What We Believe
Statement of Purpose
To promote, through the establishment of local churches: The Expression of worship of God; The Exalting of the Lord Jesus Christ; Experiencing the dynamics and fullness of the Holy Spirit; Equipping and Edification of believers for the propagation of the Gospel by acknowledging and developing individual God-given gifts, calling and talents.
Our Church Covenant
Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and the Assembly most solemnly and joyously enter into this covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love, strive for the advancement of the Church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort, to promote its prosperity and spirituality, to sustain its worship ordinances, discipline and doctrine, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the Ministry, the expense of the Church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel to all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion, to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks, and to be zealous to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further agree to watch over each other in brotherly love, to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling, and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rule of our Savior to secure it without delay.
DECLARATION of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning sacrifice through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to be the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential.
- We believe that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that the full Gospel includes holiness of heart and life, healing for the body and the baptism in the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Ghost by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the Lord's Supper and washing of saint's feet.
- We believe in the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus: first, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air; second, to reign on the earth one thousand years.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.